Translator：Chen Xin, Proofreader: Shao Lijun
The pictures are from the Internet, and the texts are provided by Qinhuangdao Tourism Commission.
Qinhuangdao Museum of Glass
As the first national theme museum of glass in China, Qinhuangdao Museum of Glass is built on the ruins of Yaohua Glass Factory constructed in 1922 (the ruin itself is a national cultural relic protection unit). The museum, located at No. 44 Wenhua Road, Haigang District, covers an area of 11.25 Mu and a building area of 2822 square meters.
It consists of four parts: the Exhibition Area, the Ruins Park, the Themed Restaurant and the Office Area, all forming a public cultural facility that integrates functions of collection, research, education, exhibition and recreation.
Address: No. 44 Wenhua Road, Haigang District, Qinhuangdao
Bus Route: take Bus No. 2/8/19, get off at Ditaonankou Bus Stop, and go south for 100 meters.
Shanhaiguan Great Wall Museum
As one of the three largest Great Wall museums in China, Shanhaiguan Great Wall Museum, located within the city of Shanhaiguan, is an exquisite pseudo-classic architectural complex. The whole museum consists of several exhibition halls, such as the Lobby, the Hall of Great Wall History, the Military Hall, the Cultural Hall of the Great Wall, and the Shanhaiguan Great Wall Hall, and the basic display of the Shanhaiguan Great Wall Museum is “the Backbone of the Chinese Nation.”
Address: the Middle Section of Diyiguan Road, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao
Bus Route: take Bus No. 13/25/33, get off at the Bus Stop of the First Pass Under the heaven, and then get to destination on foot.
Liujiang Geo-science Museum
Liujiang Geo-science Museum consists of 5 units: the Earth Science Hall, the Geological Heritage Hall of the Liujiang Basin, the Specimen Hall of Rocks and Mineral Fossils, the Landscape Hall of Qinhuangdao National Geo-park, and the Multimedia Lecture Hall.
The museum, by means of plates, videos, models, simulated scenes and physical specimens etc., shows to the visitors the universe, the solar system, the structure of the Earth, the geological function, the biological evolution, the changes of the sea and the land in the Liujiang Basin, the precious geological relics and the beautiful geological landscape of Qinhuangdao.
Its display content covers the earth sciences, the Liujiang gems, appreciation of rocks and mineral fossils, Qinhuangdao geological scenery and so on, and it is a museum integrating the scientific, the intellectual, the ornamental, and the interesting, being able to meet the needs of science popularization education, knowledge propaganda of geo-science.
Address: Shangzhuangtuo Village, Shimenzhai Town, Haigang District, Qinhuangdao
Jieshi National Park Knowledge Museum
Located in a small town of grapes, Jieshi Stone National Park Knowledge Museum, with a magnificent look full of international modern flavor, mainly includes seven exhibition halls, namely, the World Coordinates, the Grand Prospects of Strategy, the Life Waterfall, the Ten Books of the Jieshi, Facing the Eastern Jieshi, the Grand Cultural View and the World Park, each exhibition hall having its own characteristics, and hence is very suitable for parents to take their children to learn the knowledge.
Address: Shilipu Town, Changli County
The Beidaihe Historical & Cultural Exhibition Hall
Adjacent to Beidaihe Olympic Avenue Park, Beidaihe Historical & Cultural Exhibition Hall (formerly the Beidaihe Museum) was officially opened on July 22, 2009, and now it is a large-scale and comprehensive public museum, themed by historical relics exhibitions, integrating various functions such as exhibition, research and cultural service.
Address: No. 85, Lianfeng Road, Beidaihe District, Qinhuangdao
Bus Route: take Bus No. 37 and get off at Beidaihe Museum Stop
The Qinglong Museum of Ethnography
The Qinglong Pavilion and Museum of Ethnography is one of the main buildings of Qinglong Nanshan Ecological Sightseeing Garden. The museum is a five-storied structure with golden yellow glazed tiles and red painted columns, emanating an architectural style of the Qing Dynasty.
The first floor of the museum is designed as the Planning Exhibition Hall, and Exhibition Hall for Folk Customs, Painting & Calligraphy; the second floor is the Cultural Relics Exhibition Hall that is divided into four showrooms, exhibiting more than 250 historical relics from ancient times to the founding of the new China; the third floor is the Tourist Service Center and the Tourist Souvenirs Exhibition Hall, and the fourth and fifth floors are respectively designed as a high-graded teahouse and assembly hall.
Address: Nanshan Ecological Sightseeing Garden, Qinglong Manchu Autonomous County, Qinhuangdao
Photography / Zheng Yan
Funing District Museum
With a total area of 990 square meters, Funing District Museum is divided into two units—“Historical Relics” and “Cultural Folklore.” The unit of “Historical Relics” is divided into 6 exhibition halls in accord with the time sequence of the Stone Age, Xia, Shang and Zhou, the Spring and Autumn and the Warring State periods, Qin and Han dynasties, the Sui, Tang, Song and Yuan dynasties, Ming and Qing periods, and the Republic of China. Also, there is a featured exhibition hall for the introduction to the local Great Wall.
All exhibits here are tools of the Old Stone Age unearthed from Dasuo Village, Chapeng Town, Funing District, including the rhombus double-dragon mirror of the Tang Dynasty (618–907 AD) (unearthed at the north to the Shuangling-Majia Black Stone Village, Daxinzhai Town) , the white porcelain bowls of the Liao Dynasty (916-1125 AD) (unearthed at Binggezhuang Village, Funing town)… All the familiar place names are linked with ancient objects, recalling the visitors of history with a thick air.
Address: first floor of Youth Activity Center, Jinshan Avenue, Funing District.
Beidaihe Roller-Skating Museum
With an area of about 721 square meters, Beidaihe Roller-Skating Museum is the first specialized roller-skating museum in Asia. At present, the museum boasts almost 100 valuable roller-skating documents, more than 200 roller skating exhibits and over 500 pictures of all kinds.
Address: within the Beidaihe Olympic Park, Binhai Avenue, Qinhaungdao
Bus Route: take Bus No. 37, get off at the Beidaihe Museum Stop; or take Bus No. 34 and get off at the Olympic Avenue Park Stop.
The Qinhuangdao Birds Museum
The Qinhuangdao Birds Museum is located at Gechi Road, Beidaihe Beach, covering a floor area of 50 mu with a total venue area of 1947.39 square meters and an exhibition area of 1650 square meters. As a theme museum for scientific knowledge popularization, it collects bird specimens and shows the origin, evolution and development of birds through multimedia. It is really a combination of infotainment and amusement.
Address: North of the Pigeon Nest Park, Beidaihe District, Qinhuangdao
Bus Route: take Bus No. 34, get off at Chitushan Stop, walk along the Binhai Avenue and turn to the Gechi Road.
The Qinhuangdao Electric Power Museum
The Qinhuangdao Electric Power Museum is reconstructed on the basis of the Qinhuangdao Nanshan Power Station. The museum, according to what is informed, exhibits more than 1000 valuable cultural relics, such as books on electric power, real objects, and maps, etc. of various periods ranging from the end of the Qing Dynasty, the Republic of China to the early days of the new China. In doing so, the power development process of the whole country, esp. North Hebei and Qinhuangdao, is systematically demonstrated.
The Qinhuangdao Nanshan Power Station, which was built in 1928, was designed by the electric engineering workshop of Charleroi, a Belgian city, and completed in 1929, and began to supply power for the Qinhuangdao Port which was constructed in the late Qing Dynasty, and Yaohua Glass Factory which was built in the Republic of China.
Address: Nanshan Street, Haigang District, Qinhuangdao
China Lighthouse Museum
China Lighthouse Museum, located to the south to the beautiful Dongshan Park in Qinhuangdao, is adjacent to the Qin Huang Qiuxian Ruhai Chu (the point where the First Emperor of the Qin Dynasty begged blessings from the immortals). Unique in shape, the museum is a building with a round body, imitating the distinctive shape of a lighthouse. It has already become a window for the teenagers in our city to “know the ocean, understand the maritime affairs and love the motherland.”
Address: South to the Dongshan Park
Qinhuangdao Port Museum
Qinhuangdao Port Museum is located at the former site of the Qinhuangdao Senior Staff Club of the former Kailuan Mining Bureau (now a national key cultural relic protection unit). The exhibition area here shows the historical process of the formation and development of the Qinhuangdao port from a full, multi-angled and deep perspective, vividly representing the rapid rise, developmental trend and the brilliant achievements of the port since the reform and opening up to the outside world.
Address: No. 2, Nanshan Street, Haigang District, Qinhuangdao
Photography / Guo Zhao
Shanhaiguan Ancient City Folklore Museum
Shanhaiguan Ancient City Folklore Museum, i.e. the Wangs’ Courtyard, is a theme museum of folk customs. Covering more than 10 mu with a building area of more than 2000 square meters, the museum is divided into three set-yards including 18 exhibition halls. It is a Siheyuan (a typical quadrangle courtyard) of Ming and Qing Dynasties.
The Courtyard was built in the late Ming and early Qing dynasties, and its layout was very precise and elegant.
“Clean bricks pave the floor, green tiles of the house overlap, and lattice-shaped windows stand against corridors; bamboos sway in the wind, green grass grow, swallows twitter and butterflies flicker, and flowers smell fragrant.”
The Wang family thrived in Xianfeng Years (1850-1861 AD), and became a wealthy family by trade in Guangxu Years (1874-1908 AD), occupying half of the wealth of Shanhaiguan area.
The architectural style of the Wangs’ Courtyard and the exhibits of the Shanhaiguan Ancient City Folklore Museum have truly reproduced the beautiful pictures of the cultural developmental phases of the ancient city, as is really an invaluable wealth formed by the long river of history.
Address: No. 29, Dongsantiao Road, Shanhaiguan District, Qinhuangdao
Bus Route: take Bus No. 25/33 to Shanhaiguan South Gate Stop and then get to the destination on foot.
We here kindly remind everyone: Because different museums close in different time, it is advisable for visitors to consult before visiting the museums.